AABA Offers Services
- Workshops on Attachment Disorder are offered two times a year. These workshops help parents, natural supports, and professionals understand behaviors of children experiencing early childhood traumas and loss. It also, explains brain development in these children. The seasoned professional or parent will learn how to take this compilation of information and apply it to the individual child or teen with attachment difficulties. Specific skill sets will be taught, practiced, and evaluated. The course offers a total of 7.5 hours of training in one day. Scholarships are available to qualifying parents. (As they become available) CEUs are usually available for those who need them.
- Information on resources and referrals
- Mom2mom/Dad2dad Parent Support Group. Offers support to parents and caregivers of children experiencing early childhood traumas and loss. Parent meetings are scheduled once a month, at the AABA office, on the first Monday of the month unless it’s a Holiday, then it will be the second Monday of the month, from 10:30 am to 12:00. Call Laura @ 376-0366 for more info.
- RAVEN’s Lending Library. Will mail you the books, if you do not have transportation.
- Telephone support.
- Residential Treatment Center Information .
- Bi -monthly Educational Newsletters
- AABA web-site www.akattachment.org
- RAVEN respite project
- Family Development Camp, for the whole family to attend. Directed by Nancy Thomas